February 25, 2008
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS
University Statutes and Senate Procedures
SP.08.07 Revision to the Bylaws, Part D.10 – Committee on Faculty Benefits
The Sixth Senate Review Commission Final Report recommended “…that during the 2007-08 year, all Senate committees conduct a review of their charge, their operations, their staffing, and their titles, to determine if revisions to any of these might be appropriate.”
The Committee on Faculty Benefits has completed this review and recommends the following changes. They believe the changes more completely represent their charge and membership.
The Senate Committee on University Statutes and Senate Procedures and the Senate Committee on Faculty Benefits recommend approval of the following revisions to the Bylaws. Text to be deleted is indicated in [square brackets] and text to be added is underscored.
PROPOSED REVISIONS TO THE BYLAWS, PART D.10
10. Committee on Faculty and Academic Staff Benefits\
The Committee shall investigate and regularly report to the Senate on the adequacy and other attributes of the University’s provisions for salaries, retirement benefits, sabbatical leaves, other leaves, hospitalization and medical insurance, life insurance, other insurance, investment and savings plans, travel reimbursement, housing benefits, educational benefits, recreational benefits, and other perquisites, benefits and conditions of faculty and academic staff employment.
The Committee shall consist of:
- Five faculty members,
- One emeritus or emerita faculty member,
- One academic professional member,
- The campus faculty representatives to the State University Retirement System Members Advisory Committee (ex officio),
- The Director of the Benefits Service Center or the Director’s designee (ex officio),
- The Executive Director of the State Universities Retirement System or the Director’s designee (ex officio),
- The Provost or the Provost’s designee (ex officio),
- [Two faculty representatives to CMS Benefits Programs (ex officio), and] The Director of the Faculty/Staff Assistance Program or the Director’s designee (ex officio), and
- The Associate Vice President for Human Resources or the Associate Vice President’s designee (ex officio).