Are you interested in serving on a Senate committee?
Serving on a Senate committee is your voice in shared governance. To serve on a Senate committee, submit your interest by clicking on the appropriate link below.
Topics of Interest
- Call for Nominations to the Search Committee to Advise the Chancellor on the Selection
of a Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs & Provost (deadline July 22) onlilne form
- Illini Success Initiative
- Illinois Open Meetings Act (OMA) Electronic Training
- Please note, a password used prior to April 2021 will no longer work without a new registration.
- For technical assistance, contact PACTechnicalSupport@ilag.gov
About the Senate
The Senate of the Urbana-Champaign Campus is a legislative body composed of about 200 faculty, 50 students, and ten academic professional members. Duties of Senate committees are specified in the Senate Bylaws.
The Statutes, Article II, Section 1, provide for a senate to be constituted at each campus of the University, to exercise legislative functions in matters of educational policy such as:
- The Academic Calendar
- Requirements for admission to colleges and schools
- Requirements for degrees and certificates
- Each senate shall also recommend candidates for honorary degrees, and may propose amendments to the Statutes through the University Senates Conference to the President and the Board of Trustees.
Members of the campus community are welcome to attend meetings of the Senate and Senate committees. The procedures for requesting the opportunity to speak during public comment or requesting floor privileges on an item of business on the agenda can be found in Standing Rule 16.